For email notification when new posts are added, please provide your email address in the "Follow by email" space below

Monday, June 4, 2012

Safe Landing!

Wow!  What a crazy week!  During this past week we have loaded up the rest of our townhouse into a container, sold 2 cars, 4 iphones, tried to remember everything to cut off (electricity, gas, cell phones,...), tried to get international healthcare (still working on it!),  and said goodbye to unbelievably great friends and family!  Mark and Bailey got on a plane on May 31st and though they were flying standby (thanks to a very special Delta friend!), not knowing if they'd even make the flight....they were bumped up to "business class" (which I think is the same as first class)!  I don't know why, but God still amazes me!
Mark and Bailey have arrived safely in Swaziland and are waiting for our original container (which left in April) to be let go from Swazi customs.  We are praying that will happen tomorrow - Tuesday.   They don't have really good internet right now and no cell phones.  However, we were able to Skype earlier today and they all sounded great!  Bailey actually asked me to pack another bag full of Oreo's for her and Peace Tea for Chloe Maxwell (daughter of the founders of Heart for Africa).  I bought 9 bags of Oreo's today along with cough medicine because Bailey has a cough and a low-grade fever. 

The rest of us, Austin, Cameron and I are in Kansas City, KS, now getting ready to go to Fayetteville, AR for Austin's orientation on Tuesday, June 5th.  I am excited to see the campus and help Austin sign up for classes in Industrial Engineering.  We fly out of KS on Saturday, Austin to Alpharetta, Cam and I to Africa.  I will say I am ready.  Leaving has been hard on so many fronts, emotionally and physically.  I am ready to start this new chapter of my life.  I can't wait to see what God has waiting for us...and to hold those sweet babies at the El Roi Babies Home on Project Canaan!


No comments:

Post a Comment