For email notification when new posts are added, please provide your email address in the "Follow by email" space below

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ready to Go!

Well, Austin, Cameron and I are through with orientation at the University of Arkansas and Austin has his schedule for the fall.  Unfortunately, I feel that his schedule is as firm as jello and could change depending on his AP scores from high school.  Yet, I am so thankful I had the chance to visit Fayetteville and now have a visual in my mind for where Austin will be this next year.  The most incredible thing that happened was 2 people approached Austin asking him if he was interested in a job when school started.  The second person ran the campus bookstore and actually interviewed him on the spot!  I've been overwhelmed this last month with how much God cares about the details of our lives.  So many times we run to God when we are in trouble, or have a problem, but in every issue of our lives good or bad He cares about all the details that we care about! 

We got back from Fayetteville yesterday and have been visiting with Mark's parent's and enjoying them while we can.  Today we went bowling and ran some last minute errands (like getting candy corn for me!).  If you look closely at the score I beat him one game!
Yet, tommorrow we wake up and fly to Atlanta, then Cam and I on to Joberg.  We have felt like plants about to be transplanted, but have just been hanging our roots exposed.  We love our friends and family, but we are ready to be "home", we are ready to be "planted".  We have felt "in limbo" since we moved out of our home in Alpharetta in November.  Cam and I can't wait to join Mark and Bailey and finally "plant ourselves" in Swaziland.

I wish I had pictures from Mark and Bailey to post, they have had an adventure all their own!  Bailey has taken an entrance exam for school (and passed with flying colors of course),  unloaded the container we packed back in April (that was FINALLY let out of customs) and still survived the cold and the spiders!

Thanks for continuing to lift us up in your prayers!  Next time I write, it'll be from the other side of the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment